Emma Chihiro Bucks - Hippolyta

Name:
Emma Chihiro Bucks


Age:
16


School:
King George V  School

Past experience:
Drama class at school, for which we need to improvise and perform. I was in a full production for the exam for this class, where we wrote our own scripts and characters. This is the first professional production that I've been in.


How is this production different?
It's really different. At school we are all classmates working on the same project, and we make our own show. Here at this production, all the creative ideas are set and I have to fulfill a character as the Director requires. It's more challenging.


What is your role and how would you describe your character in  
the play?
I play Hippolyta, a really responsible, mature, ladylike character. 


Do you see yourself in your role?
Not much, because I'm not ladylike, and I'm not that mature, since I'm still pretty young. 


Does that make the role difficult to handle?
At first I find it really challenging because I had no idea what to do, but now I'm getting used to the action and costume and since I'm required to have very good posture I'm feeling more mature. 


My favourite scene is...
The marriage scene is my favourite, because all the characters is involved and I think it will be beautiful because everyone will be in their best costumes. 


Is this your first Shakespearean production?
Yes this is my first Shakespearean production. I studied his works in class but this is first time I've acted in one. Acting it out is not that different, because when I read the script I do read it out loud in character. Though of course the action makes it a lot more lively.


What is love to you?
I haven't really experienced love before...but from watching movies and dramas I think it is when two people accept each other and they connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment